Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure







Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week my Teaser Tuesday is from an older book published back in 1983, The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure (aka Anne Rice), which a friend loaned me to read because she knew I wanted to see if I would like it.  This is not for the faint of heart:)








From Page 86:

     "Very good, my dear, you are learning already.  Never answer such a question as that.  It could be taken as a complaint if you did".  


About The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty:

In the traditional folktale of "Sleeping Beauty," the spell cast upon the lovely young princess and everyone in her castle can only be broken by the kiss of a Prince. It is an ancient story, one that originally emerged from and still deeply disturbs the mind's unconscious. Now Anne Rice, writing as A.N. Roquelaure, retells the Beauty story and probes the unspoken implications of this lush, suggestive tale by exploring its undeniable connection to sexual desire. Here the Prince awakens Beauty, not with a kiss, but with sexual initiation. His reward for ending the hundred years of enchantment is Beauty's complete and total enslavement to him . . . as Anne Rice explores the world of erotic yearning and fantasy in a classic that becomes, with her skillful pen, a compelling experience. Readers of Fifty Shades of Grey will indulge in Rice’s deft storytelling and imaginative eroticism, a sure-to-be classic for years to come.









PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the Brothers Grimm versions of fairy tales... way more adult than Disney wanted them to be. :-) I like the teaser (and the summary) a lot.

    Here's mine: http://tobisummers.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-61212.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm? I haven't heard of this one and am not a big fan of Ann Rice. However, I do like fairy tale retellings. I'll have to think about this one. My teasers this week are from Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan and friend of Anne, and this is not one I am familiar with.... must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. Glad you're starting Downside Ghosts, I hope you enjoy them! :-) Old follower.

    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this one and it always sounds really interesting.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser! I'm ashamed to say I still haven't read anything from Anne Rice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one, Here is my Tuesday teaser http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-come-by-see-my-teaser.html

    and here is my Tuesday Intro and teaser if your interested http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2012/06/tuesday-intros-612-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this one....

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesdays Post.

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I've never read an Anne Rice book. I think I am the only one left who hasn't! Maybe I should try it out soon since this sounds good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete