Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - April 10, 2013 Edition





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that highlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This weeks pre-publication "can't wait to read" selection is Affliction (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #22) by Laurell K. Hamilton


Affliction
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book 22

Expected Release Date: July 2, 2013
Publisher: Berkley

Pre-order Link:  Amazon Print     Kindle


Book Description:

Some zombies are raised. Others must be put down. Just ask Anita Blake.

Before now, she would have considered them merely off-putting, never dangerous. Before now, she had never heard of any of them causing human beings to perish in agony. But that’s all changed.

Micah’s estranged father lies dying, rotting away inside from some strange ailment that has his doctors whispering about “zombie disease.”

Anita makes her living off of zombies—but these aren’t the kind she knows so well. These creatures hunt in daylight, and are as fast and strong as vampires. If they bite you, you become just like them. And round and round it goes…

Where will it stop?
Even Anita Blake doesn’t know.


Why I'm Waiting On This Book:

1. This was one of the first Paranormal series I ever began reading and I still like it.

2. This is finally the promised "Micah reunites with his family book"

3. Different zombies than Anita usually fights

4. At almost 600 pages - I believe this is the longest book I'll have read by this author 






What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog and leave your link below or if you don't have a blog, leave it below in the comments.


5 comments:

  1. Wow - up to 22 books in the series now, eh? I read the first 2 or 3, but they just didn't grab me enough to keep going. I'd be curious to dive into one of the later books just to see how things have developed.

    Here's My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reasons! I have yet to start her series but I am a Vamp and series girl so I'll get there eventually! lol

    Come on by and see our WOW for this week on Harlie's Books. We'd love to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to come back as me. ;) Still thinking it is pretty exciting that this series is so good that they are into the 20's in the series! Wow!

    Stop on by and check out my WOW on SnifferWalk Books! We'll be glad to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really got to get all caught up with the Anita Blake series! I can't wait to read this one too.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post this week :)
    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! I haven't read it in a few years and that's only because I read 19 book in a row and needed a break. I've been waiting for more to come out before I dive back into this series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete