Monday, June 17, 2013

Tasty Blurb Tour for Isle of Sensuality by Aimee Duffy



Welcome to my stop on the Virtual Book Tour for Isle of Sensuality by Aimee Duffy.  Please leave a comment or question for Aimee below to let her know you stopped by.  Aimee will be giving away a $5 Amazon GC to a randomly chosen commenter during the tour.  Please make sure to leave a valid email address with your comment.  You can follow the tour here, the more often you comment, the better your odds of winning. 




Isle of Sensuality
by Aimee Duffy

Publisher:  Beachwalk Press, Inc.
Release Date: January 18, 2013

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Buy Links:  

Beachwalk Press │Amazon US 

Amazon UK │B&N ARe

Bookstrand │Kobo



Book Description:  

Who knew being with Mr. Wrong could be so right? 


Caitlyn Hart is shooting her first movie, and she doesn't want to screw it up. Still, she's on a deadline and when her co-star, Mr. Hot Shot Campbell, holds filming up, he's immediately on her shit list. But she can't ignore his charms for long or the overpowering want she feels for him. Even though she knows he's her Mr. Wrong, she doesn't mind him being her Mr. Right Now. If only her silly heart would stay immune.

Having been burned once, Jake Campbell doesn't have the capacity to love, but that doesn't mean relationships of a purely sexual nature are off limits. After all, a man has needs. His sexy co-star with fire red hair and a passion to match ignites his own desire and he sets out to convince her a fling is the only way to scratch the proverbial itch. Little did he figure that she'd be the one to penetrate the thick scars on his heart and make him feel. 





Author Info

About me (snooze—can you tell I hate the me stuff? Lol)

For as long as I can remember, I've had a good book in my hands. In primary school I loved Roald Dahl. In high school my English teacher introduced me to Charles Dickens, Stephen King, Jane Austin, Emily Bronte, and Shakespeare. It was then that I discovered my love for romance and I've wanted to pen my own imaginary heroes and heroines for others to enjoy ever since. Only in the last few years was I lucky enough to meet some fabulous and encouraging people to help me gain the skills to make that dream possible.

I live in sunny Scotland in a small town near the Ochils and work nine to five in a solicitors office. In my free time, you'll find me on Facebook, stalking *cough* following friends on Twitter, and may even catch me shoe shopping.

Feel free to follow me on:






My Review                                     


A contemporary romance set in a tropical local, Isle of Sensuality by Aimee Duffy is both sweet and spicy.  With likable characters, good dialogue and a fantasy setting dealing with actors, Ms. Duffy’s second published work kept me turning the pages.  Giving us a peek into the lives of the rich and famous, Ms. Duffy’s book is the perfect summer escape.

Chosen to be the primary star in a new movie, soap opera actress Caitlyn Hart wants nothing to interfere with the shoot or with her after movie plans of being in her sister’s wedding.  When her “A” list co-star is late, Caitlyn is determined to hate him on sight; instead she finds herself instantly attracted to an “it” star who is used to getting his way.  Even though she knows he’s totally wrong for her, she can’t help thinking he’s perfect for “Mr. Right Now”.  After all, what happens in Rio stays in Rio – doesn’t it?

Devoted to his family, Jake Campbell is torn between his regular life and his life as an “A” list Hollywood Superstar.  Holding production up for a week wasn’t what he had planned, neither was making his new up and coming co-star angry.  Attracted to Caitlyn from first sight, Jake is sure he can talk her into “practicing” their love scenes off set.  After all they can keep things professional and still have a good time.

The scenes between Caitlyn and Jake are fun, full of good dialogue and smoking sexual tension.  Giving us insight into what takes place behind on the scenes on a movie shoot, Ms. Duffy sets up the perfect “fantasy” type setting; after all who doesn’t want to see what takes place behind the camera?  As Caitlyn and Jake spend time together and become emotionally attached, Caitlyn is able to help Jake realize he can help his family without sacrificing his “A” list career, while Jake helps Caitlyn get a sense of security about herself, her acting and earns her trust.

Will what was supposed to be a temporary romance turn into something more for Caitlyn and Jake?  And just how will the paparazzi deal with this new Hollywood hookup?  You’ll have to read Isle of Sensuality, I enjoyed it and can’t wait to read Ms. Duffy’s next book.


My Rating:  4.5 out of 5 Stars 




FTC Disclosure:  I was provided a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review.  I received no additional payment for my opinion of the material I was given to read.



Don't forget to leave a comment or question for Aimee below to let her know you stopped by.  Aimee will be giving away a $5 Amazon GC to a randomly chosen commenter during the tour.  Please make sure to leave a valid email address with your comment.  You can follow the tour here, the more often you comment, the better your odds of winning. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria, glad you enjoyed Isle of Sensuality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ISLE OF SENSUALITY, great title, sounds like such a fun read. The review does say must read.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice review

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the publication of Isle of Sensuality! It sounds like a great summer read. Thanks for sharing the review.
    bhometchko(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow… Totally can't wait to read this! Adding it to my TBR list... Beautiful cover, too! ; ) I love this genre and I always wonder what made the author choose to write in this kind of genre? Thanks for sharing with us and Thanks for the giveaway!
    mestith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete