Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Virtual Tour for Deadly Secrets by Lacey Roberts


Welcome to my stop on the Virtual Book Tour, presented by Reading Addiction Virtual Book Tours, for Deadly Secrets by Lacey Roberts.  Please leave a comment or question for Lacey to let her know you stopped by.  You can follow all of the stops on her tour by clicking on the banner above.

Deadly Secrets
By Lacey Roberts

Publisher:  Pink Iris Publications
Release Date:  February 5, 2015
Genre: Erotic Romantic Mystery
Length:  291 Pages
ISBN:  978-1507879542
ASIN:  B00T9XTVM2


About the book:

Take one hot, sexy cop add a beautiful Forensic Pathologist and you have one heck of a steamy love affair. 

BUT, who is threatening their lives? 

Whose life is really at risk? 

AND, why has a young man been murdered and what the hell do snakes have to do with it all?


EXCERPT

Flynn pushed through the glass doors into the Forensics Centre. A young woman at the front desk glanced up. He grinned as she licked her lips and gave him the once over. He was used to this from women but still hadn't figured out why they responded this way. Without vanity he knew his looks were better than average, but nothing special. Women obviously thought different.

"Can I help you?" she purred.

"I'm looking for where Doc Reid is performing an autopsy." He flashed his credentials.

"Room two, sir."

He nodded, thanked her and strode down the corridor. He stopped at a door where a plaque proclaimed it led to 'Examination Room 2'.

Flynn entered the airlock space and donned a pair of white coveralls, mask and white paper cap. He then stepped into the examination room. It smelled of antiseptic, unidentifiable chemicals and death. Not his favourite place to be.
Lily was bent over the corpse. She appeared deep in thought and he cleared his throat to make his presence known. She straightened and glanced up. "Detective, come in."

He moved closer. "Anything yet?"

"I'm really baffled and wondering whether your crack about vampires is very far from the mark."

Flynn raised his eyebrows.

"The two puncture marks in the neck had some sort of fluid in them that prevented the blood from clotting. Poison of some sort but my initial tests don't recognize it. I've sent it to the lab for urgent analysis."

"That would explain the huge amount of blood loss."

"Yes it would, especially as no major veins or arteries were severed in the area. The other puzzle is the puncture marks on his scrotum. The surrounding tissue is blistered, badly bruised and necrotic."

Lily lifted the sac and pointed out two large puncture marks under the balls. They were identical to the holes in his neck. The skin was swollen, wrinkled and black.

"Christ, what did that?" Flynn's balls reacted to the gruesome sight by trying to climb up inside him.

"I don't know for sure but my guess is a snake."

Flynn's puzzled look questioned her sanity.

"A snake?  We don't have snakes that leave bloody great holes like those."

"I know, which is why I'm baffled. It doesn't add up. The aligned puncture holes, the poison which prevented the blood from clotting, and the tattoo on his chest."

"Tattoo?"

"Yes. Look closely. It's a cobra tattooed on his chest."

Flynn dropped his head to study the ink on the victim's chest. "I'll be, it is a cobra. I assumed it was some sort of tribal thing when I first noticed it."

"You need to get close to see the snake head, but once you do it is very clear."

"Snake worship, doc?"

Lily held her hands up, palms out. "We don't have things like that here. Snake worship only happens in Africa as far as I know, and we certainly don't have cobras."

"Give me some answers. All you've done so far is tell me what it isn't. Tell me what it is."

"I don't know. I've never seen it before. I'm going to need more time to figure this out. I'm sorry but I have told you all I know at this point."

"Dinner?"

"Excuse me?"

"I asked if you would have dinner with me."

Lily glanced around the room as if expecting something.

"If you're too busy I understand."

"No, no. It's just I have a policy of not getting involved with colleagues."

"Jeez doc, I'm not asking you to marry me. I only want to have dinner with you."
Lily reconsidered. "Of course. Give me twenty minutes and I'll join you."

"Meet you out front?"

"Yes please."

"I have a couple of calls to make. I'll be waiting." With that, Flynn left the room.

About Lacey Roberts


Lacey Roberts is the pen name I chose when I began writing Erotic Romance.

I grew up in Sydney but now live in sunny Queensland where I spend my days walking my dogs, reading and writing. Married for 41 years, my husband and I also enjoy a great deal of travel.

Hubby and I have just returned from visiting author friends in the US and gathering some great info for future books.

I hope you enjoy my latest release which is set in Canberra, Australia – the Nation's Capital. This story is purely fictional but there are numerous real places and facts covered. I could not have made it as realistic without the advice of the A.C.T. Police Media Centre and the Forensic Medical Centre at Sydney University. I am grateful to both.



No comments:

Post a Comment